Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 20th, 2017

I woke up, went to make coffee, and flipped the scripture calendar that sits atop our microwave. 

This was the verse for the day...


I love this scripture. 
Micah 6:8 is one of my favorite verses in the Bible, second only to Romans 15:13.

I love these marching orders given to us, God's people, so many years ago. I love them so much, I literally had part of that verse tattooed on my person.

I smiled yesterday as I stood in front of this calendar...this calendar that my mother in law gave me nearly a decade and a half ago, when I was her youngest son's girlfriend. So many years I have flipped the pages over, and read the scripture allotted for that particular day.

Yesterday, on January 20th, 2017, it felt particularly pointed. 

God knew. 

Nothing surprises Him.

He knew all those years ago, when I received this calendar as a gift, that I would need this particular reminder of His calling to us on this particular day.

He has shown me what is good, and what He requires of me...to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Him.

Just the same as yesterday and the days of the past, so is the calling in the days to come.

I am in control of so very little, and it's scary and can take my breath away if I let it.
May I remember to focus on His requirements of me, and trust He will take care of the rest.  

Thanks be to God. 



No comments:

Post a Comment