Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Lately...

We met some friends at Benihana  and had the best time!
The kids LOVED watching the chef entertain us as he cooked...



He made a volcano out of sliced onion, and then put oil in it to make it "explode"...


Trying their hands at chopsticks...



Our two cuties on "Ballet day" at Initiation to Dance class...

My heart just melts when they are so sweet to each other!



We went to breakfast with Reem and little S, and another sweet friend from our building. The kids all loved the walk through the mall on the way to the Bistro... 


Reem, me and Hatifa.
These two ladies are both from Jordan, but have been in Kuwait for years. They are so sweet and always encouraging to me as I find my footing here. They are helping me learn more words and phrases in Arabic as well, and often get a good, sweet, laugh at my terrible pronunciation. 



Fun playdates at friend's houses...





Even though we'd just gotten home from Oman the evening before, David and the kids still managed to surprise me with sweet Mother's Day things...including bright, colorful flowers (not easy to find here!) a present, and ordering in for dinner - HOORAY.



And some days we've just stayed home and covered ourselves in stickers...



...and spent the entire day at home, creating imaginary lands throughout the apartment....


...while Momma reminds herself...
=)





Playing some homemade instruments before Church one Friday morning...




More fun playdates with friends...






...and crafting at home in our jammies...



If we're friends on Facebook, you already heard this little story, but I just have to document these two signs of our being acclimated to life in the Middle East...the other day the twins and I walked to the store at about 10:00am. It was 104 degrees, and neither one of them complained about the heat! 
 We're trying to get the last of our morning walks in before it's simply too hot to venture out without a taxi...the days left are (very) limited.

Also that morning, on our walk that was *supposed* to be just a quick run to the grocery store for produce, I convinced the kids to run into H&M, where the boy quickly made a new buddy...


...and then I wanted to make another detour, and L replied "La! Yalla Habibiti!" with perfect Arabic annunciation. 
("No! Let's go my darling!")

I laughed so hard! Check out our boy scolding his Momma in perfect Arabic...hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment