Hunting the Hummingbird - by David C Hoffman

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day Party!

Yesterday we had a Valentine's Day party at a park with our Homeschool Co-op. It was a new park for us, and it was a really nice one! A good chunk of the homeschool group was in attendance, and it was fun to be outside and getting some fresh air.

This group continues to be such an enormous blessing to me. 
They've stepped in and brought our family delicious dinners for two weeks now, and it's been SUCH a gift! By the end of the day I'm just plain kicked, and making dinner is the last thing I have energy for. For two weeks they've faithfully brought meals, and often paper plates and plastic utensils also ;). (Hooray for no dishes to wash!) They've saved my family from eating cereal for dinner for the last two weeks ;). 

I've been so touched how a group of women I've hardly even gotten to know well yet would serve my family so lovingly. Many of the women signed up more than once, and delivered multiple meals. Women of different backgrounds and different faiths, all linked together by being expat mommas homeschooling their children here in Kuwait. Amazing.

L and A have been around these kids enough times now that the introductions are short before the playing begins, and I'm so grateful! It's great for them to get to socialize with other kids, and I love how diverse our group is. 

The weather this time of year is GORGEOUS in Kuwait, and I'm so bummed that my recovery is forcing us to stay inside during so much of it!  I know it won't be long before it's too hot to play outside. But even just a few hours in the park wore me out yesterday, and I ended up going to bed shortly after dinner...hooray for husbands who take over bedtime routines and clean up! 

A few pictures of our fun...

L on the slide...


A riding an elephant...;)


A crossing the hoops...


L driving a car...


L crossing the hoops...


Me and 2/3 of my Valentines ;)...


All the kiddos assembling to pass out their goodies...


My two passing out their valentines...
(I had covered two cereal boxes in construction paper and let A and L go to town with markers and stickers and cut out hearts and glue sticks, and I called it Good. I had zero energy for Pinterest type ideas, and had felt a *twinge* guilty about it...until we showed up and saw a few kiddos just had plastic bags. Hooray for other lazy busy tired moms!)


An attempt at a group picture...


Silly faces!


L and his buddy playing on the seesaw...


L and A on the swings with some friends...


Such a fun way to spend Valentine's Day!

We've taken it easy here at home today, and tomorrow we have another fun outing with the group...we're headed to a garden for a field trip to learn about agriculture and plant some seeds ;).


2 comments:

  1. I love how in the group picture, your littles are so obediently looking at your camera. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's obvious the kids are making new friends and are comfortable with them. I notice they are not together in a lot of the pictures...even the group ones.

    ReplyDelete